Pages

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Presence of Faeit: Where is the Blog Now, Eldar, and Dropzone Commander


This is my weekly editorial, and today I will mostly be talking about the site, Eldar, and of course anything else that crosses my mind while writing. Yes, I am posting up the cover of the latest White Dwarf, and no, after all that is going on, GW can't force me to take this down.


Legal Issues
Games Workshop took and is taking awhile to respond, mostly due to Google taking their sweet time. Yes for those that are interested I have an IP Attorney on my case (a good one at that). While I will not go into the details (yet, because I do not want to get in the way of the final aspects of the what is going on), I am going to imagine that I will be very open and probably publish a lot of what is happening.

So yes, GW correspondence, and what they are saying and what is being returned to them will most likely, unless I am told by my own attorney not to, be published.

The good parts is, there is nothing that Games Workshop should of been able to do to my site, natfka.blogspot.com. Google when far above to accommodate Games Workshops complaints. The complaints by the way, imply ip infringement, which simply is not the case legally in these regards according the Fair Use clause of the first amendment of the United States when it comes to journalistic reporting.

Now that does not mean that if I were a UK citizen that there would be some breaches in there, but following US copyright law, I am in good standing. (great attorney who is very helpful on what I can and cannot do)

That being said, please do not get into commentary legal advice or opinions below, even if you are an attorney. These things are being handled by the pro's, and they specialize in ip law.

So look forward Faeit 212 fans, we are on the final stretches to get back up and running.

Eldar
Loving the new Eldar release. The new flyers pictured above of course follow the aesthetic that I expect, and I would imagine that although in my own lists I have forgone flyers, I will probably still pic up a few. The rules thus far look great on them, of course the point costs are still out. So once codex is in hand, it will be a lot of fun to see how they are going to be on the tabletop.

The Wraithknight is expensive. 240approx pts? wow. Will I have one? yes. Will I have two? Not right off the bat.

Of all the things that have happened over the last month, a little of my eagerness to pick up 2 wraithknights, and 2-3 flyers has probably gone. So my purchases will be scaled back a little, probably to include what I am considering one of the best tabletop games out there, Dropzone Commander.

Dropzone Commander
If you have not looked at this game yet, you are doing yourself a huge disfavor. I am going to right now say that this is one of the best tabletop games I have ever played. Thus far I have demo'd the games several times around my side of things here in Tigard, and no one has left not wanting to buy an army right out of the gate.

The game is just that well written, modeled, and constructed overall. I will be doing a lot of Dropzone Commander in the future as the new site comes back up. Of course every game is ideally going to get its own pages, and more game systems handled by the site. (with no diminishing of information on 40k)



Please do not get into commentary legal advice or opinions below, even if you are an attorney. These things are being handled by the pro's, and they specialize in ip law.

39 comments:

  1. When makeing an Acc. you should read the "Terms of Use". Providers can delet any Acc. becaus its ""theirs"". You´ll have a hard time trying to get the old Acc. back.

    Hard to say anything els due to lack of info what really happend.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really true Warlord. Won't go into the details atm.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Just good to have you back on the scene :)

      Delete
  2. Hope the legal shenanigans get sorted for the best.

    Can't wait to face some updated eldar. And hopefully we get rumors on the supposed apocalypse update because apocalypse is the real way to play IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to have Faeit 212 back up. But good to see you in your temporary location.

    You've already sold me on Dropzone Commander and I'll be ordering the rulebook this week. I've already decided I'm going to collect UCM and Scourge as they're my favourite miniatures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOO Eldar are freakin sweet! I plan on getting a Wraithknight and 4 boxes of WraithGuard and maybe a Wraithlord (wow thats a lotta robots) on release day.

    also its that time again, the new release has been revealed and now im more interested in whats coming next...so Apocalypse???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does anyone know what the parting shot in the high elves white dwarf was, as it might give us a clue to whats after apoc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shows some dark elder. I've got my doubts that it means anything.

      Delete
    2. The Parting shots generally seem to be just a cool picture.

      Delete
    3. Im not sure. I think they do show what is coming, just not always the main release. The deamons parting shot was a picture of deathworlds. Two months or so later, deathworlds is rereleased. Tau showed thunderhawk - meaning appocalypse, which is rumoured for next month. October and november both showed characters from the hobbit, which was then released in december. All im saying is I think there might be something to them.

      Delete
    4. @Xinz. Is that not this months?

      Delete
  6. I've got a large Shaltari force for DZC and have really enjoyed the games we've had so far, the new terrain pack is a super good deal as well.

    Glad your getting the legal troubles sorted, keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 240 points is a joke considering what daemons are paying for greater daemons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't need to play any specific army to see that 240 for the Wraithknight is cheap as hell.

      Want 3 titans in your 40k game? Play Eldar folks! - GW

      Delete
    2. Knights, technically. Not quite titans, but it does kinda make me wonder if we'll get any Stompas, Imperial Knights and larger Tyranid bio-constructs to bring them in-line too.

      Also more big units will make that rather un-Tau Riptide seem a bit less of an anomaly lol

      Delete
    3. Necrons have the Monolith for their big unit, Tyranids will probably get a new huge kit, Something for Marines/IG is doubtfull other tan maybe a bigger than average Tank but they already have multiple types of Baneblade and rumoured to be getting a Warhound but outside of actual Apocalypse its doubtfull. The Greater Daemon kits could be similar in scale to the Riptide and i see no reason why they shouldnt release a plastic Squiggoth for orks.

      Delete
    4. Orks, Eldar & Imperial forces all had their versions of Knights in the good ol' 1st edition Epic days: an Imperial Knight is a very, very real possibility.

      Almost as tall as a Warhound with nowhere near the weaponry.

      Delete
    5. How about what nids pay for t6 4w MCs? This wraithknight gives me hope for an across the board points drop on tyranid MCs with the new codex.

      Delete
    6. I do understand that these are Knight class variants. But that doesn't take away from the fact that it is the entry level titan. I just see a lot of potential problems with points balance with a unit like this. Are they even giving it the rules it needs? If it has the rumoured T8 then I could see any poison weapon downing it, as well as force weapons and any other instant death weapon. Does it even have Eternal warrior?

      Delete
    7. Well no, it's not a titan any way you look at it (fluff or rules-wise; no void shields, no structure points, MC statline rather than vehicle/walker, under half the cost of a Warhound in points) buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut I know what you're getting at and I'll stop being a finnicky git.

      We'll see what it's actual rules are in less than a week (officially) but I think that the defence of the model is balanced by it's size preventing it from obtaining cover saves from almost any terrain on the board. Long-range AT will be drawn to this thing as soon as it's within range and it can barely hide anywhere, along with your poison/force/ID concerns above. As a 'normal' non-character/HQ unit I doubt that it has EW but y'know, time will tell as to how the balance tips. :]

      Delete
    8. Poison would are borderline necessary to kill it I'd say. No way it'd have EW, it's T8, nothing short of a Force Axe will have a chance of killing it in combat, and that's if it doesn't get squashed by the Wraithknight's S10, non-smash attacks.

      Delete
  8. http://apocalypse40k.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/forge-world-fulgrim-photos.html
    In case people have missed it :p

    ReplyDelete
  9. So are you still working on your "real" site or will you switch back to the old (or keep this one) on blogspot?

    ReplyDelete
  10. What are the rumours for the next warhammer releases? Did i make it up or is wood/ dark elves on the cards. Just wondered from the parting shot this month whether thed release appoc, then one of the elves, then dark eldar in the origanally rumoured eldar release spot. Just thinking that if they released wathammer elves they might do an 'elves' release for 40k given they seem to like doing matching releases for both games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're making it up.
      Uhmmmm, I think Eldar are pretty close to 40k Elves. The Paint Spot pretty much means nothing now, other thana pretty picture.

      Delete
    2. Thats what i meant. They released chaos marines then chaos warriors. Then deamons for both systems. Then high elves and eldar, which are basically a matching pair. In a release list a couple of months ago, wood elves was a possibility for after apocalypse. My reasoning is thus, that if the current fantasy/ 40k matchups continue, then a update for dark eldar might be possible considering they are the other 40k 'elves'

      Delete
    3. Wood elves are pretty old now though :

      Delete
    4. Wood Elves and Dwarfs are going to get new books next year after GW releases Warhammer 9th edition with the 8th edition rules those two armies are really suffering especially against hordes. If I remember correctly the next fantasy release is rumored to be Lizardmen.

      Delete
  11. Yes but dark eldar got updated, then 6th edition edition rolled in and some units became useless. It also wouldnt take much to update them, just a few tweeks - and a giant plastic kit and another flyer;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And maybe a model for our main special character >_>

      and the others.

      Delete
    2. Exactly. Basically a standard 6th edition release. Codex, fine/failcast characters, plastic character, flyer and uber kit.

      Delete
  12. None of this Eldar stuff is going to make me open my wallet. Give me some BLACK TEMPLAR stuff, and I'd give them all my monies!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WATCH OUT!!!!!

      Trolls will eat us all
      Wraithknight save us!
      I will roll fortune and you can kill the troll with your sun lance

      Delete
    2. Naftka had a post on his old site several months ago that said GW was indeed working on BT but that they had basically started from scratch and that it would take about three years before they would be released. Since then we haven't heard anything except that they might get rolled into the vanilla book. I doubt they will do this as many BT players are very loyal to their templars and still play with the outdated book, so you may be waiting a while for a new book but they are working on it.

      Delete
  13. Dude, don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see you back, but I do feel you're a little off your game of late.

    http://darogscompany.blogspot.ru/2013/05/eldar-codex-sneak-pics.html

    There's been a tonne of Eldar rumours in the last few days, including key rules leaks, which have been the talk of the internet. I come to Faeit, and it's nowhere to be found.

    That said, I do understand how the experience of last month or so may have dampened your enthusiasm for Games Workshop, and all of its products.

    I guess what I'm trying to say is that we miss the old you, when you were brimming with passion for the hobby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cut him a break. He's probably working on his new website with the developer. I am sure he is occupied right now. I am sure in a month or two you'll be on his new site and be getting fantastic information on MANY kinds of games, not just 40k.

      Delete
    2. Sure, I totally agree. I'm just being selfish, as a massive fan of this blog. Natfka, take your time man, sorry for the added pressure.

      Delete
  14. Natfka, if you need any additional writers to help with your expanding site then let me know (not got much on at the minute lol). Great to have you back as well :)

    Not sure how I feel about the Wraithknight. I'm a Daemon player so it doesn't affect my wallet but I'm not sure I like the fact that it's almost double the height of the Greater Daemons... Unless the GDs are going to get the massive plastic treatment at some point? That'd be cool and I'd certainly be willing to part with my cash for those (just wait until I've got the four that are out now please GW, just two left to get!!)

    ReplyDelete